View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Frog_2hop

The idea of getting the pump was so that he could control his pain without all the orals. The pump keeps getting turned up and the orals have never gone down. I have stepped away from the situation enough that I could not ask the docs myself, but have encouraged his family to do so. He always appears to be a zillion percent 'trying' to get help, yet there is always something that makes it so he 'can't'. This is the current thing. His family is finally seeing that 'maybe' there is a drug problem (noval idea) but there is nothing he can do about it 'cause of the pump.

The plan was for him to detox before he actually got the pump...but he angrily left after 2 days, but they put the pump in anyways. He had a trial before the detox and the pump didn't help. The detox was suppose to make is so the pump could help more. After his 2 day detox, he had another trial that 'worked'. I felt all along he was not being honest with how much it helped so he'd get the pump without detoxing. His dad even mentioned his concern about his honesty at that time too.

His pump currently has dilaudid (excuse attempt at spelling).