View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alice1

Half-empty hidden bottles...

Hi guys.
I am new to all this as of tonight so please bear with me.
In the past few weeks I have found some mostly used, hidden, rot-gut vodka bottles around the house, coinciding with some Jekyl-Hyde behavior on my husband's part. (I never know who he is going to be, he's very argumentative and easily upset these days.) And when I say "hidden," I mean reaching for my hair dryer on my side of the vanity and discovering a bottle...
I am an ACOA who is still discovering many things about how I deal with others (I am a light social drinker), and I fear that my ACOA tendencies have helped me put the blinders on about my husband's drinking. Several years ago I had found some bottles and confronted him about it and he said he was just having a nip now and then and knew how it may upset me -- hence the coverup. However, we've never been a non-drinking house per se -- it's just that I am very sensitive to people being drunk -- so what he told me didn't completely make sense. But at the time it was easier to buy the story.
That all said, he said there wouldn't be any more hidden bottles and I said fine, water under the bridge. I did, though, say that I would have to act decisively if it happened again.
So... I have not said anything to him yet as I am trying to gather my thoughts, which are all over the place. But I need to say something and do something.
Advice??