Old 12-29-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ldd39640

codeine withdrawal you will be free in 7 days

Hi
I have been taking Solpodol and Analgiplus for 11 months..... not a lot, maximum 6 tablets a day, but usually 3 or 4. The strength is 30mg codeine, i never ever thought about codeine addiction, then last Sunday I had the start of influenza, so i went to bed and consequently didn't take any tablets at all, well the experience of the codeine withdrawal was really bad (I thought it was the flu , but realised this was too bad to be flu, it was in fact i stopped my daily codeine consumption).. I started to sweat at night, hot and cold flushes, dull prolonged headaches, and worst of all restless legs in bed at night meaning i couldn't sleep because my legs were NEVER comfortable, anyway I am on my 6th day without codeine and starting to feel my old self again, i played golf today and managed a few decent swings, anyway best to keep busy while withdrawing from codeine, go for long walks, go to the gym, eat fruit, keep busy all he time as it makes the symptoms less painful.........I will NEVER NEVER take codeine again in my life,this has-been the worst week of my life....and I'm glad I'm now ME ME ME and not some codeine ZOMBIE .
Good Luck and stay off codeine if you dont it will control your life, the withdrawal time i reckon is 7 days (The 1st 4 days are a nightmare) .
Bye for now LD