Thread: Melatonin
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sugah
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Originally Posted by newsandi View Post
This question is for the woman, sorry guys, do any of you ladies a week before that "time" do you have night sweats? I am only 39 but my mom went through menopause at 40 and I dont know if maybe I am getting close to going thru that. All of my symptoms are 1 week prior to starting. I also am more emotional then I have ever been also. I hate waking up wet and cold. If you got any feedback it would be appreciated.
I don't know about a week before, Sandi. I went through surgical menopause at 28, more than eleven years ago. The hot flashes & night sweats began almost immediately. I took Premarin for eleven years, stopping in May of this year, and again, I went through all the symptoms I did at 28, only worse. I take black cohosh and vitamin E, and the symptoms have decreased both in frequency and duration (the hot flashes & irritability). If I run out of it, within a day or two, the symptoms are back with a vengeance.

I woke up several times last night just soaked, thinking I was having hot flashes, when finally, at 4am, I went downstairs & checked the thermostat. One of the kids had jacked it up to 74, with made it about 80 in my bedroom, and under a down comforter, I felt like I was in a sauna!

Peace & Love,
Sugah