View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sneakers

Originally Posted by krhea75 View Post
My 17 year old AS called tonight and he is getting kicked out of the oxford house for taking someone's prescription paxil. He told me the guy in the house gave it to him. The president of the house told me he took it from one of the house members. The conditions by the court are that if he doesn't finish his time there successfully he will go to jail. He was crying at first, but then seemed a bit better later. His dad, my ex, will go get him tomorrow. As far as jail is concerned, maybe it is the best thing. I feel like such a traitor as a mom to say this. But he just keeps getting by with things, and he never learns his lesson.

When he called me later, I had been crying and he could tell. I told him that maybe jail is the best thing for him.....to make him think. He got really angry and said, but i'm not using! I'm not doing anything illegal. Sigh....he still doesn't get it. My question is, if the court has ordered rehab an a recovery home as conditions of his treatment, and he made it through 2 months of rehab and 3 months of sober recovery, will they still send him to jail? And how long? I know that you all probably don't know the answer to the questions, but these are the questions plaguing me now. So much for a merry christmas. Any thoughts?

krhea
Hi Krhea75 I don't have all the answers but I do know that you have to let go and let God, but let go with love because your son needs you no matter what sometimes we have to let our love ones hit the ground before they understand or before they come to and we don't have to turn our back on them to do that, I will keep you in my prayers.

Love,

sneakers: