View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
pakuni boy
pakuni

Art therapy has helped me much in many ways to improve my memory and general state of being during my abstinence.
First i draw and write my dreams, the subconcious stores a lot of information, so once i have a sketch of the images of my dreams I make a painting, so all these images that have a strange meaning and that are untangible become tangible once we paint them, from that same image i might develop a musical theme. Art therapy can be done individually or in groups, ya dont have to be an expert artist or anything, just do it.
Art therapy heals, creativity is the key to overcoming our addictions, abstinence alone is not enough in my opinion, one has to put the mind into working and healing, i tried quitting my chronic addiction many times unsuccesfully, but this time with art therapy i´ve stayed clean and have kind of understood the causes of why i became an addict in the first place, whenever i get anxious i paint that feeling, and i go from panic to pleasure and understanding, and now creativity is my religion, my path, it should be your path if ya wanna recover well. i´m not saying ive won, but it has sure helped me tons.