View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bval

Glad to be of service, this_sucks.

I was on 200mg of neurontin every 6 hours, prescribed by the doc I directed you to. I occasionally took them a bit closer together than 6 hours when the pain was really bad, but only two or three times did I do that ...

I think LT mistook you for the original poster, btw ... in case you were confused

Oh, and I just now saw your post on the other thread trying to catch up with me ... yeah, ummmm ... well, the neurontin helps in a fairly subtle way, it's not gonna cure you by any stretch. Taken with the clonidine, with ambien for sleep, it was probably JUST enough relief to keep me from calling 'the man' whereas without them ... i probably would have. But I mean, it was still touch and go for awhile there. I would say that these drugs probably helped me more in the period right after the really bad withdrawal period (the WEEKS following) than they did during the really bad part. THere's really just nothing out there that is non-addictive that can really put a dent in the worst part of the process. Bear in mind, I was kicking buprenorphine rather than coming off oxy directly ... w/ds are not as acutely bad but last a good while longer when your getting off bupe.

Last edited by bval; 12-10-2007 at 05:44 PM.