View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
jimhere

Originally Posted by RufusACanal View Post
As I reread Jim, I am again struck both by your honest candor and your willingness to serve; both of which I have come to appreciate. I am grateful we can agree to disagree. I see a place for medallions and I give each of my Sponsees one for every milestone.

I see the need to signify accomplishment with the new person as they build personal confidence and trust in others and I see the need to love, mentor and maintain a relationship for as long as the new person is willing to meet God and be full of booze. I have almost rubbed this 1957 Franklin Half I carry to bare metal over the years. It is a reminder of my deeds, actions and accomplishments that reinforces the foundation of a new life. I stay sober because of that new man and by God and by you. Thank you for taking the time to speak to me this morning, because you have in many ways.

R
Thanks Ron,
And I appreciate you being here as well.

But I must say that my sobriety is not something that I've accomplished. All I did was drink enough alcohol to have to do this work and to get my buehind kicked enough to be desperate and willing.

I believe that there are miracles and that there are accomplishments. All an alcoholic with an ego like mine has to do to miss the miracle is to take the credit.
Jim