View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RufusACanal

Making mistakes and making amends is part and parcel of a responsible new life. Two days of forgetting to attend a new person’s most anticipated day is whatever you say it is, though I would have to inventory what was happening with me to forget to serve another human I had made life changing commitments with; what is positive rather than what is negative.

Sponsorship is more than pretending to be the wire rack of AA pamphlets, a taxi or the tour guide to the area meetings. The individual way each of us commits to sponsorship is the best gauge of our current level of humility in our own miraculous new life. The answer could be this; what am I willing to do for another? Justification of a mistake is old thinking; asking for affirmations to support old thinking under the guise of human commonality is old thinking. I am not a fan of the proverbial line, "Oh we are all human", as if this phrase eases my inability to complete the task, commitment or promise. I relate this line of thought to the word "sorry" and the misuse of the word "powerless".

I apologize that there is a lcomplete ack of comfort here, but there sure is a lot of love and respect for your courage to post your error. You said you were wrong. You have made the amend. Move on. Live free!

Last edited by RufusACanal; 12-07-2007 at 06:09 AM.