View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

As I have never officially sponsored anyone I can not give you any ESH from that perspective. Here is my perspective as a sponsee.

It is good for me to be reminded that my sponsor is only human. It is dangerous to put anyone on a pedistal. I know that the one thing I can count on is my HP. Putting expectations on people only will create disappointment for me. Each of us is doing our best to work the program, keep progressing, and stay sober. None of us are perfect, if we were we would not need this program.

Don't be so hard on yourself. It sounds like your sponsee has forgiven you. Forgive yourself. In the future make a point to be more aware of such dates. Something that works for me when faced with a situation I am having trouble letting go of is working the steps around it.
1. Admit I am powerless over the situation, person, or thing and that worrying or stressing about it is creating stress in my life (unmanagebility).
2. Come to believe that my HP can return me to sanity regarding this situation.
3. Make a decision to turn the problem over to my HP.
4. Made a searching and moral inventory of our wrong. What was my part in it?
5. Admit my wrongs (you have done that you admitted it to your sponsee and to us.
6. Be entirely ready for our HP to remove this character defect.
and so on.....

Hope you find some peace with this soon. Take care.
Judith