Old 11-13-2007, 12:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
alessandraj

Originally Posted by Afraid 2 let go View Post
Hi Ruth,

First of all, welcome back. We've missed you!!

As for your hubby.....I know what he SAYS.....now let's see some action. As someone told me on here "It's not what he says, but what he DOES that makes all the difference". This is VERY true!! When he SHOWS you that he means what he says, and you stop catching him in lies THEN he will be on his way to recovery and you will feel alot better.

Emotional support for you?!?! Try some meetings, and whatever you do KEEP COMING BACK HERE DAILY!! When I found this site, I was about at the end of my rope. The people here are wonderful, supportive, loving people who can and will help you through this. So keep coming back EVERYDAY posting, reading and believing.

When it comes to your Mother In Law.....it sounds to me that she's in denial, and this is because of her love for him. She doesn't "want" to believe it, so in her mind it's not happening. She doesn't live with him like you do, and therefore it's easier for her not to face it. Yet, she will in her own time. Right now though, you focus on YOU!! Let her face this and deal with it when she gets ready. I know it would be much easier for you if she saw the seriousness of this problem right now, and could be more supportive for you, but fact is.....she doesn't, and you can't make her. At least your Father In Law sees the problem and is trying to help. Maybe he will get through to her in time.

My advice to you Ruth is to keep coming back here DAILY, and pay attention to his ACTIONS not his words, also pray and believe. Recovery CAN happen!!

Love & Hugs!!
JEN

Jen thanks for all the advice and you are right about my mother in law I just did not see it that way, but it makes sense. My husband and I will be going to marriage counseling next week and he is going to a substance abuse therapy plus AA. We`will see f it works (I really hope) at least for me because I don't want to feel sad for the rest of my life.
I will let you know how the therapy went
Ruth