View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
kelsh

I guess my answer to that question when, I first sobered up, would have been "I don't know". After being sober a year or more I knew the difference. I was working my program to the best of my ability and was feeling good about being sober even when I still had problems with depression.

I was getting kudos from other members of my Home Group for being able to share and give them ideas on working their program of recovery.

Being sober or clean without a program to work is the same as not taking my meds for my depression because I am feeling better. Soon all would go to ****!!!

Many people use other methods than AA to get and stay clean and sober. Some go back to church; Some join a meditation/Yoga Group; Some do volunteer work in a Half-Way House; Some will be on a board of directors for a Rehab Center; I was successful with the AA Program and still use it in all aspects of my life in one way or another. I have sober friends. I don't go to slippery places. I do meditation and pray for another day of sobriety. I do have a HP that helps guide my thoughts and actions. Most of all, I use the Serenity Prayer to help keep me balanced each day.

kelsh