View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
indigo
Community Greeter

I understand your sorrow, it's heartbreaking I know. 2 of my children are bipolar, my son is bipolar, self medicates, alcoholic and addict. I have been through many episodes of his behaviour, he's been commited several times, and had terrorised his family, smashed my home stolen from me and lies all the time. He is a danger and the police and doctors are aware of this and now if he comes to my home I have to call the medics and the police and he will be put in hospital or prison depending on what he's done. His suicide attempts have been to numerous to mention the last time it was a miracle he survived. I am still detaching with love and hope he will eventually take his meds as he is prescribed. He has a daughter whom he neglects when he has access, I have had to go and see a lawyer for supervised visits and I am waiting for this to come through. I have to go to a tribunal also for my rights of visits of my grandaughter, they are not automatic in my country, if someone opposes it. My daughter is bipolar and X fragile and blamed me for all her problems and the last I heard of her was from a friend who she had cut off for no reason, he said she is in South Africa so I don't know if she is alive or not, I pray that she has found peace. My youngest son has X fragile also he is 25 with the mental age of a 3 year old. I have fragile x and am bipolar too, I take my meds but before I was a drunk and an addict too. My middle son is so called "normal" but has drinking problems himself now.
Take it easy on yourself don't carry her load it makes things worse, I have found that out to my state of mind and I now try to stand back and be objective. There are happy endings I hope your's is one of them. As the others have said if your daughter's mentally ill she can be helped, if she's willing to take it. Love and positive thoughts are being sent to you. hugs indigo