Old 10-30-2007, 09:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by alessandraj View Post
Hello
my name is Ruth and I have been married to the love of my life for 6 years.
I fond out just yesterday that he did cocaine. he likes to drink, but since he always did it at home I did not worry. But yesterday after a party he was really drunk and after an argument he left, then he came back as good as new (Les then 1 hour). I got really upset because there was no cash left in his wallet. later he confessed that he did cocaine, but he also said that he did not do it for 6 years, but that he felt the need and he does not understand what happened. I am very sad I love him so much but I am afraid that he will do it again. He told me that he will not do it again. He also confessed that he was doing it a lot when we were dating and I mean a lot. One time I did not know were he was for 2 days, but drugs never crossed my mind. We broke up many times because he was telling lies a lot (I was thinking more another woman). I am afraid that he will start again. He has done it twice in about 9 weeks. Can he stop?? or should I think that he is an addict????
He went to an aa meeting today since alcohol gets him to do cocaine. He wants to get help ,but are we in the right path. In the past 2 months we started to save cash every week for a trip in my house and the money was never missing not a penny (it was all cash).
Any advice will be appreciated
JMO

You can never tell what someone is going to do because there is no rule book, but if I were you, I would sit him down, and set your boundaries right clear right now.

I would tell him you aren't going to be married to a drug addict that isn't the life you choose and if he goes down that road you WILL leave. If he wants to go down he can, but you are not going to go down. Because he will take you with him.

Just my opinion. (and what I would do) Welcome to SR! :ghug3

:ghug