View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
CBrown

Gabenyc, I'm in agreement with the rest. My XABF is narcissistic, zero empathy, and I might go one step further and say he's a psychopath. I just got done reading "Without Remorse" which talks about the traits of a psychopath. Narcissism and lack of remorse are two of the signs. Any emotion they display is manufactured; they simply are not wired to feel it. You might understand your XAF a little better after reading it.

Yes, my XABF left me without a word or wave of goodbye, already was back involved with the XGF, put a ring on her finger in about six weeks, and probably doesn't even remember my name or why we are not together anymore. All he knows is that he needs a caregiver, preferably a cold mommy-figure, who will never question what he wants. That was definitely not me!

I'm sorry you went through this, and I'll tell you I have the same feelings as you. Most of the time it doesn't bother me anymore, but sometimes I just wonder how a person can be so unfeeling, can go from saying "I love and miss you" on a daily basis, and then disappear the next. It's something I cannot comprehend, yet I accept that it did happen.

Thanks for asking the question ... I don't know if the responses helped you, but they were a blessing to me today.

Last edited by CBrown; 10-30-2007 at 12:07 PM. Reason: error