View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
Thanks for advice guys.
I really havent been doing cocaine for that long.
I only started using when I was on holiday in late March.
Thats really only 6 months I been using and its really only been a weekend thing.
However I have went on weekend benders where my nose has bled and my nostrils have been so blocked that I couldnt breathe at all.
It was only a week ago I noticed that I have lost a fair bit of tissue inside my nose and that my nasal septum has narrowed a lot.
Seeing that really did give me a massive scare.
Iam only young and I do care about my looks. I asked myself why I am doing this to my body.
It had to stop and since then I have been clean.
Problem is, a lot my my friends take drugs so I have to stay strong. I know that I am going to be around people who will be taking cocaine and around people who will be offering me lines. I know I will be Ok if I am sober but when I have had a drink my cravings for cocaine are stronger. I am just going to have to think about how I felt when I noticed my nasal problems.
I know you guys are not allowed to give any medical advice but surely my nose cant get any worse or I cant lose anymore nasal tissue if I dont touch cocaine againe?
That is what I am worried about the most. I know I can stay strong and not touch cocaine every again. Can nasal tissue grow back or re-generate over time?

PS. ALAN, TANYA, JANIED - HOW MUCH COKE WERE YOU USING? LIKE HOW MUCH WERE YOU GOING THROUGH IN A WEEK OR AT THE WEEKEND?

It doesn't really matter 'how much coke' they were doing, everyone's body is going to react differently.
Like the others said, these are questions that a doctor can answer for you. None of us here can answer doctor related questions.

Congratulations on quitting, that is great! If your worried about your temptations when you drink for cocaine, that's the first sign that you should probably think about your drinking. I hope you do what is best for yourself.

Welcome to SR!