View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ScottJames

Cocaine Nose Worries - Plz Help!!!

I have used Cocaine now for around 6 months. I have used only at the weekend but have went on weekend binges.
For the last month, my nose has been blocked up and I have been constantly been sneezing and having to blow my nose.
What I found last week has put me of the drug for life. My nasal passages are much wider than they used to be and the septum (middle bit of my nose) is now much much thinner than it was.
This has really worried me and I am never going to touch any kind of drug again. In fact it has totally scared me to the point Iam worried about it every hour of every day.
That’s why I have come here.
I suppose the main question I have is will my nose get any worse even though I have have stopped using cocaine completely?
I have done a bit of research into this and have found out that cocaine constricts blood vessels in the nose which can cause tissue in your nose to die.
This is what I think has happened to me.
I have bought a saline (salt water) nasal spray and am using this to help keep my nose clear and moisturised. (Someone did tell me that these nose sprays can constrict the blood vessels in your nose further) Any truth I this?.
Also I have stopped smoking and am visiting the steam room in hope this will also help moisture my nose.
Is there anything else I can do to help my nose.
Someone suggested I should try using vitamin E oil inside my nose??
My nose is very dry and crusty.
Please help me because I am really worried about this.
Will my nose get any worse even though I have stopped using cocaine?
Or will the tissue Ive lost regrow and re-generate over time?