Old 09-24-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Movin On

MeToo2--death like that just doesn't affect the parents, does it? it affects the whole community, friends, neices, nephews, aunts, uncles, grandparents....the list is endless. the arms of death reach out so much further than we expect.

i know that matt was very similiar to your neice in that he was popular and well liked and oh, his face....it was beautiful. he didn't mean to die that night. but he was drunk and when we're drunk we don't think clearly and i know that he didn't give it a second thought about taking that darvacet.

the medical examiner also told us that he didn't suffer. she didn't see any signs of him having a seizure......what we have to hold onto is that....they were messed up...they were buzzing...and they probably just went to sleep. i know that's not alot of comfort because i'm always thinking, God-- he shouldn't have died all alone....no one to hold his hand. so...i know how you must feel.

i have neices and nephews that use drugs all the time and drink and matt's death, while tragic, doesn't stop them--hell it doesn't stop me! That's the insane part of addiction. i don't know whether your neice was a addict or it was just a freak accident but i think for my son, had he lived.....the road of addiction would have only gotten worse until he hit his "rock bottom".

in a way, they have been spared the pain of this world.....but what they have left behind for the rest of us is a empty hole and so many....so many....unanswered questions.

thank you for sharing that with me.