Thread: Double winners
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 10:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Daffodil
Queen of one liners

Just Deb; Welcome to the s. r. site.....and welcome to Al-Anon
Every registered group should have a current service munal...It should be available to every member....It may help give you some clear guidelines to follow in this situation....also your group rep. should be able to help...The suggestion that you start a new Al-Anon group is a very good one....I love D.W. meeting when everyone is working the same program...BUT Al-Anon meetings need "good orderly direction" too

By studying and practicing the Steps, following the Traditions,and the concepts of service, you will find some real help ....You may also ask for a group concious meeting about the format....

As for double winners; my first sponsor was one of the best in the world.....she stuck strickly to the Al-Anon program when we 'd meet....I have been to quite a few meetings some regristered and some not....I always practice taking what I can use and leave the rest....

I know this has to be very painful for you...I know I would really have to work my program to keep going to a meeting where there is distendion....by practicing the principals of Al-Anon I have learn to use them in all my affairs....

Take care, I will surround you and all those meetings with love in the fellowship. Please post us back and let us know how you are doing...