Old 09-22-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Movin On

Autopsy Final Report & Toxicology Lab Results

Have you ever read a autopsy? I have.

I want to use this thread to show people just how easy it is to overdose. I know those of you that read my post know that my son died at 20 yrs old and it was a accident as ruled by the medical examiner. But allow me to share this and my hope is that it can help someone else.

NARRATIVE: "This 20-year-old white male, (M.......E...), was found dead in his vehicle. The main cause of death is ethanol and propoxphene toxicity. The manner of death is accident."

EXTERNAL EXAMINATION: I won't read it all....."The body is that of a well-developed and well-nourished male......body measures 68 inches in length and wrights 168 pounds. The body is cold to touch. Rigor mortis is present to an equal extent in all joints. .........The external ears display no evidence of trauma. .....

Then is talks about the internal examination....sliced all parts of his body for evidence of the cause of death.

Okay....here is the Toxicology Report:

Ethanol.....................0.221 gm% (221 mg/dl)
Acetne, Isopropanol and Methanol..........Negative

Blood Drug Screen

Amphetamines, antidepressants, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, cannabinoids,
cocaine, etc....Negative

Propoxyphene...................0.51 Micrograms/ML
Acetaminophen..................Positive
Promethazine.....................0.19 Micrograms/ML

Blood Individual Drug Quants:

Acetaminiophen.............68 micrograms/ML

Vitreous:

Alcohol:
Ethanol.....................0.236 gm% (236 mg/dl)

I really don't understand alot of these readings but i was told than although the alcohol content was high the drug (propoxyphene) was slight. It was the combinaton that caused him to stop breathing.

Not sure why I felt compelled to share this but i know that i have done so much more and lived! We never know, do we?

Hope i didn't offend anyone.

Much love,
MO