View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Well for me at first I called my sponsor every day along with 2 other people in the program, as already said this got an old man who hated talking on the phone to anyone used to using the phone and talking to people.

I had about 2 months sober and found out that anger was a MAJOR trigger for me, if I had a beer in front of me at that first instant I would have drank it, thank God I didn't. I started saying the Serenity pray, stopped my truck and called someone in the program. They knew exactly how I was feeling, we talked for 4-5 minutes and suddenly I realized I didn't want a beer any more, I was okay..... I made it another 24 hours!

Frequency of calling your sponsor is between you & your sponsor, however you should call your sponsor any time you feel the need..... even if it is just to say hi.

After I had been sober about 7-8 months my sponsor suggested that I only call on days we were not going to see each other at a meeting but to instead call 3 people every day in the program, after I had finished the steps he said to just call a couple of times a week.

I have my sponsee right now calling me every day which he does so religously, I am going to have him cut back once he gets into the routine of calling other folks in AA daily. But that is how my sponsee & I are doing things, each sponsor does it differently, remember there are no rules..... just suggestions.