View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
racegirl2448
Goin'....Goin'....Gone!

Originally Posted by yourgirl View Post
I'm a nurse and every job I take involves pre-employment drug testing. Asking if they require one sends a red flag to any HR personel. Alot of times the drug testing is done at the facility when you recieve your MANTOUX(T.B.)test. If you have legal prescriptions for your medications you'll just have to show proof. That info is and should be completely confidential due to HIPPA laws which protects the privacy of anyones private medical history, Good-luck and enjoy your new job

Thankx for the information...
I want to make this clear so there is no confussion....
During my interview I did not ask if they drug tested so.... I didn't cause any red flag to go up......
The drug testing comment only came up cuz the lady who interviewed me and myself were talking about my last job interview...I applied for a position at my storage unit facility ($$$ was crapola but it was 40hrs per week) I was only going to work there maybe 6 mths tops or until I found something else that paid better.
Anyways- I had told her about my last job interview and how they drug tested me only to lose my paperwork at the lab and how I had to drive over an hour to get re-tested. The only other thing I said to her during that conversation regarding drug testing was that I could understand drug testing applicants for healthcare job like the one I was applying for but.... for a job in a storage unit facility? I thought that was kind of strange. That is when she said "we don't drug test here but we do have you go for a pre-employment physical" then she said to me "I hope the clinic doesn't lose your physical paperwork" I looked up at her and saw her laughing...I laughed as well.
It is nice to know at least my supervisor will have a sense of humor.... I think this job is going to great and I believe the people will be nice to work with (cross my fingers).....