View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 02:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
pedagogue

Originally Posted by karrotop View Post
hi ...and thanks for the advice.....my therapist told me NOT to take the Paxil too...since i am having a hard time at work these days,and am chewing the inside of my mouth to shreds,as well as the skin on my fingers,she wants me to try taking a Xanax before i go to work....up until now,I've been afraid of taking the Xanax too often.my therapist said that because i am nervous about too many meds,there's really no concern about me becoming dependent on them like i was with alchohol.Once i get things worked out at work,i can calm down and hopefully i won't feel the need to chew or take the Xanax....I HATE taking pills of any kind,even cold medicine!
thanks for the input.....KT
You may want to consult a psychiatrist, because what s/he told you is not very accurate at all. Paxil is your typically SSRI, which can have some positive secondary effects on anxiety. At first you may get more anxious, but it will even out. As for the xanax not being addictive...see my above post. I don't understand why docs continue to hand that stuff out like candy, it is an 'easy' fix on the front end...but can have quite a bite on the back end.

-p