View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 05:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

I never took inventories on people. Really. Just never did. I take people as they are.. don't see their looks or anything.. but try to see who is inside. Always cut everyone a LOT of slack. ALWAYS.

However, I am different today. I have been hurt and as a result of that I look at people a bit differently. I go with my first impression very quickly now and if that is judgemental, I am sorry. However, I think it is a coping mechanism and it may be me protecting me from getting involved again with another loser? I make people earn my trust. Sorry.. Rambling here?

That being said, even if ppl at work annoy me or creep me out I just let it go. Can't choose my co workers, just got to deal with them. Negative ppl can't be fixed but they can think and solve problems, so if that sort of person is on a team I quickly get them doing a job.. either assign one to them if I am the leader or ask for their help if I am not. People cannot do two things at once. Get them working on something and that usually quiets the whining and whatever else they do that is unproductive.

I don't know if this makes sense or helps in any way.