Old 10-02-2003, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gooch

Re: A Sponsorship Guide For 12 Step Programs by M.T.

Originally posted by Pernell Johnson
In meetings we share the most intimate details of our lives, but it is the rare share that talks about sponsorship:

I would be looking for some different meetings then or be taking the newcomer that shares the most intimate details of their life at a meeting aside to allow them the benefit of your experience working the steps with your sponsor, the person you trust with those intimate details of your life. That is how the more experienced members of NA passed their experience strength and hope to me, simultaneoulsy explaining to me that some things didn't need to be shared "publicly" ..Sort of answering why the topic of "principles before personalities" and "I feel my anonymity has been violated" are so popular at some meetings. Then I hear these reports of how sick the meting has become. It saddens me to see the clear message of Narcotics Anonymous continually being diluted, ignored, translated, and reinterpreted when its as close as the Basic Text., the step working guide and a sponsor.