View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
newenglandgirl

Originally Posted by Gregsgirl View Post
my boyfriend is extremely jealous...He says very hurtful things to me both while he is drinking and while he is sober...gets drunk and calls me horrible names. He constantly accuses me now of cheating on him and wanting other men... I have never been this commited to a relationship in my life!

I don't know how to respond to his accusations in a healthy way. I cry alot and that drives him crazy, but I am sensitive and try to be strong but that ONE little tear gets out and it opens the floodgates...how do I be strong for him? for me???

Hello there Gregsgirl. Nice to meet you!

After reading your post, I can't help but ask you what good you get out of being with him if he calls you names and accuses you of things. It seems like he is acting really irrational. And I would be very careful - I think that jealousy is a BIG red flag. What's in this relationship for you? Do you think you deserve to be with someone who calls you names and accuses you of cheating all the time?

It is so hard to be "strong" when a person you spend so much time with is acting so mean and irrational. It is only natural to feel less than great when you have to put up with that b.s.

Crying is natural, normal, good for you, and should be a big sign that maybe your own subconscious is screaming out for you to pay attention to what is really going on. I know that's happend to me before!

I hope you keep posting!