View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Signal30

Music, perhaps there was a misunderstanding, in my previous post. I was simply inquiring information on this type of meeting. I go to all types of meetings, and being that I'm 33, the modern structure of AA meetings have worked very well for me and I have no complaints. I also have a great sponser, that I call every day, I work the steps as teadeously, as well as maintaining a strong relationship with my higher power.
I have heard of these types of meetings, and have interest to see how they work, and if others would like to go to these at the clubhouse on my side of town. There are so many places in my area, where people have a large selection of meetings they can go to. From the discription of how this "back to basics" type meeting is formatted, it sounds like there is more emphisis on one on one step work with your sponser, during and after the meetings. From what I was told, it appears that they go through the steps quickly, however once the 12th step is complete, they start all over again. I see it as keeping with the 10th step. As we all know there can always be new resentments, and character defects that either come during recovery, or rise from the surface later on, when one in recovery finally can write it down, and tell another member or their sponser. This style sounds like it can help with that, being that all the steps are always repeated over, and over, and over.
Different strokes for different folks. Some people may not like it, others may see it as the kind of structure they need. These are still AA meetings, just old school.

This clubhouse I mentioned is having some financial troubles, (Landlord raised the rent). I am trying to brainstorm ideas to try to bring in more people. There is usually a decent amount of people who attend meetings there, but due to there being a large variety of other locations, the attendance has been slumping a little. ( It is getting a little better ). I would hate to see this clubhouse close it's doors.

Anyway, I still need more information. I'm going to try to check this type of meeting out next week. I'll let you know what I got out of it.

Tom