Old 03-06-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Golfman

Smile

Originally Posted by maintainin View Post
Thank you for the quick replies. I dont know if I would consider myself an alcoholic or not? I know I had a drinking problem. LOL, is there a difference? At the present time, I can honestly say I dont want or need a drink, especially if this despression and anxiety is the result from drinking all those years. I just want to feel better. It's not a constant depression. Some days are better than others and I'm up and down during a day. Just feel really unstable at the moment.

Yes, there is a difference between having a drinking problem and being an alcoholic. Without getting into much detail, many people are heavy drinkers but if given a good enough reason to stop, they can. They might be a little grouchy for a while, but then they resume their normal lives happily.

On the other hand, alcoholics cannot control how much they drink, when they will drink, and what they will do when they are drinking. They live to drink and cannot rid themselves of the cravings they have for alcohol. That being said, these descriptions only scratch the surface of what an alcoholic is dealing with.

As mentioned earlier, stay with us for a while. Read the things that people write. And keep on talking about yourself and asking questions.

Kind regards,
Ed