Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LabRat

I also live in Massachusetts and have the same insurance as you do. I had my final appointment with the doctor this afternoon and on Monday is my induction appointment. So I'll start the suboxone on Monday and then go back into the office for the next 2 days for the dose and then I take them at home.
I'm not sure you'd even be able to get on it when you find a doctor because you have to be in withdrawl when they give it to you - so where you are clean...I'm not sure you are a candidate.
In any event, there are PLENTY of doctors in Massachusetts that have had the training to prescribe Suboxone. I believe that on the suboxone website there is a physician finder that you could look up a local doctor that prescribes it. Mass Health may also have a list.
I believe that your problem with finding a doctor that Mass Health will cover is very easy to "fix." You need to locate a Doctor (One that is taking new patients) and ask that doctor to be your Primary Care Physician.....they will only prescribe the suboxone and charge Mass Health IF they are your PCP - otherwise they will only accept cash.
It takes 24 hours for the new PCP to be changed within Mass health.....then you are good to go....that is - IF you can get a doctor to prescribe it to you while you are clean.....and I tend to think that you will not find one that will do that.
But good luck.

LabRat