View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Having waited 17 months to go before an administrative law judge, I finally got a letter today stating my hearing will be the 26th of THIS month! So now I'm happy to finally be near a decision and possibly some financial relief, but I'm also scared to death!
Daydream: I have been where you are now. First, I will keep you and your hearing in my prayers. Second, this is not the end of the road if your are once again denied. You then get an attorney that does SSI and SSDI work and file suit in Federal Court. By law they can only charge 10% of your backpay and only up to 5,000 whichever is smaller. In 99% of the cases that go to federal court, the claimant wins. The attorney not only sues Social Security, but also puts in the suit, that if SS says you can work then they sue for SS to Give you a job. lol

It took me 2 years and 7 months. Yep 31 months total to finally get approved. You are not alone. Social Security does this to everyone!!!!!

I truly believe they do it so we will either give up or we die. In my case I was too sick and too damn stubborn. lol Hang in there we are praying for you.

As to your Anxiety attacks, talk to your counselor about this immediately. Your counselor will probably have some suggestions or may even be able to go with you knowing your anxiety problems.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, we do care very much.

Love and hugs,