Old 08-23-2003, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
wishIsedNO

Well I never went through any withdrawals symptoms really when i used it..and i never went to rehab either but thats cause after a year of doing that I graduated and did heroin..And that is a drug that u definitly go through withdrawals..But I been in detoxs with crack users..and When I was using it..Most of it is mental addiction..He will probably feel extremely depressed..tired..he will sleep ALOT..and he will be jumpy..He might feel like he going a bit off the wall,,and will wanna be busy all the time so he can get the obssession off he mind of wanting to get and use more coke,..My suggestion is though..it seems he has a big problem..It seems he never really recovered since the first time he used before u met him..so basically hes been an addicted to it for more the 20 something years..The only thing he did is replace it with pot and alcohol..And finally he couldnt surpress it anymore and with his foggy thinking from being drunk and high it was easy for him that new years..to go and get high on crack..I think NA meetings was a good thought but i think if he really wants to stop u should put him in an intense rehab..He needs to find why he hungers to use it and what in hes life and personality he needs to change..He also needs a break from the people and places where he gets and uses crack..I believe its the only way and the only way I've seen people stay off of it..This will be his life long fight and when he comes back from rehab if u do choose that route, you have to know that when the real recovery starts,...Even though I said rehab is great, its a safety net..When your their you have counselors peers that are supporting you..And u dont have dealers and things that would trigger your use..So its not until u come home that its the real test if u wanna keep on staying clean or u arent ready..If you are gonna stick by him you have to be really patient and supportive..But be tough too and dont let him manlipulate which us addicts are real good at doing..I wish you luck...and hope that your husband has gotten to the point of just wanting and needing recovery..Cause even though you and he thinks he cant go anymore lower, HE CAN..And will if he doesnt stick to his recovery..and does what hes sponser/counselor tells him to do..When you surrender to this disease, you are giving up totally to the thought that u can fight this thing..That Crack has gotten you and theres no way he can live and use...And it will probably take him awhile, he didnt get to where hes at over night..and im telling you he wont get better in a day either...You can private message me anytime if u want..I am here to hear you vent to tell you the truth and give u advice that you need..In helping others it helps me stay sober and gives me a break in the chaotic life i live to..Even though ive been sober for a year..I still have problems..the drug goes but the messes that u made cause of it doesnt..and its hard when u realize that..I pray that your husband is strong enough and stubborn enough to not let that crack crap take his life...Jacqueline