View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 05:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
journeygal
believer

(((((((Tiger Eyes))))))))

I am so so sorry you are going through this with your husband. My husband's DOC is crack too, so I'm very familiar with the late nights, binges that last for days, and stolen ATM cards...

If you haven't already, call your bank and put a hold on your card. When and if you get it back, change the pin number, don't let him have the new number, and don't let him look over your shoulder while you're using it. When my husband took my ATM card, it broke my heart more than anything else he did when he was using, as weird as that may sound. Even though he's in recovery now, he will never know my pin number. I even changed the pin number to the date he took the card from me. It's not a very recovered thing for me to do I admit, but it was what I needed to do early on to keep me grounded in the reality of his sickness. It's not something I dwell on and except for writing about it today I haven't thought about it in a really long time. But the pain of it is still there. Maybe one day I'll be able to let it go, but I'm not there yet...

(Sorry for rambling off-topic!! )

Whatever you decide to do, we are here for you and we support you. You already have the courage and you're strong enough to tackle whatever you put your mind to. And I agree that you should find a nar-anon or al-anon meeting, so you can be around others who will support and care for you.

Take care and let us know how things are going.

Hugs,
JG