Old 12-15-2006, 06:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Steve58

Hi Nofun,

First, its not too late. Second, like you, I am still struggling. It may sound silly to some, but I feel successful in the fact that I am drinking less and less often than I used to since coming here. I still relapse, but better a few days here and there than 4-6 nights/week. So dont give up, it just takes some of us longer than others to get the hint. Sounds like your like me, getting it, but slowly.

On to hangovers, Rarely puke, which is bad. It was so much better when I would purge the night before. Day 1, I'm just real tired, sick like queze, and usually around 3-4 start getting headache (as the last of the alcohol leaves, and I start wanting more. That I expect, but lately I notice the day after the day after still feeling out of sorts, still sick. I'm a runner, and I find my performance sucks for like the next week. My weight used to spring back, now I feel bloated for 3-5 days, and it seems to take a week to fully recover.
(and we all know what our bowls are doing after the overload)

As I have said here, I'm getting a lot of signals that it's time to quit. A sane person would ask, knowing the outcome, why do I always seem to go back. I wish I knew. Guess I have just not had enough yet, but I want to quit before I do.

Take care, try not to drink tonight, as I will!
S