View Single Post
Old 08-09-2003, 11:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Daffodil
Queen of one liners

(((((((Where do I start)))))))))))

Well, you have already started dear...You asked the question. You came here, and now you are aware you need more..

May I suggest looking for some Al-Anon meetings in your area,
getting Codependent No More, reading the posts at the beginning of this site....

Please remember the 3 C's

You didn't cause it
You can control it
you can't cure it...

Just like the A. obesses with their drink, we obsess with the drinker. What their doing, where they are hiding it, where they are getting it, ect.ect.ect the list of my behavior goes on and on unless I change, NOTHING changes...FOR me...

My first and best tool of defence against my obsession is the Serenity Prayer;

God grant me the sereninty to accecpt the things I can not change
The courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

I say it over and over to myself...

I go to an Al-Anon meeting or come here...I educate myself about the family disease of Alcoholism. I call my Al-Anon sponsor, I read the litature of Al-Anon. I grab hold of an Al-Anon slogan and repeat it over and over and try to think about how it applies to my thinking, my behavior, my life.

I go to the store for a loaf of bread I don't need (thankfully I have a freezer 'cause my first year in Al-Anon it was nearly full of bread).

WHATEVER it takes to stop my unhealthy behavior, thinking, and reacting to someone else's problem.

You are not alone unless you choose to be...Please come back and let me know how you are doing....

Love and prayers from one who cares

Last edited by Daffodil; 08-10-2003 at 12:04 AM.