View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 03:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Great advice Carol, I have 77 days and have been through 2 occasions that I had always drank to excess at (Of course I drank to excess when ever possible for 40 years!). Thanksgiving at the in-laws was the first, my brother-in-law is the only guy I have ever known that could down 2 to my 1... well they all knew I had quit drinking so his wife (I guess) told him not to drink while I was there. It was sad to see him, he was as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. We went out to smoke a cigarrette and I told him "Bill if you want a beer get one, it is not going to bother me." He told me no, he was fine he didn't need a beer. LOL Sadly 5 minutes later there he was having a beer in a mug, first time I have ever in 15 years seen him drink a beer out of any thing but a can. Funny thing he quit shaking after a few.

The second instances was my son-in-law got 4 tickets to a Redskins game through his company, we had some kind of special deal where we got to go down on the field before the game and then we were informed that if we went to a certain bar in the stadium he had put us on his tab! I was actually entertained watching the drunks make arses out of them selfs, I kept thinking "So that is what I used to look like!"

I have been blessed real quickly with the ability to have others drink around me and it does not bother me. Please if you think you might be tempted by drinking going on around you make other plans.

Being sober during the Holidays is a true belssing, enjoy it. You will be amazed at how much more you will remember during the Holidays then you did when drinking. In Fredericksburg we have what we call the Alcothon every year, it is a 24 hour a day event that starts Dec. 23rd and ends Dec. 26th.