View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

If I had not solved so many of my daughter's problems over the years, she would know how to solve them herself.
PC please do not beat yourself up over this. Remember, we alkie/addicts are GREAT MANIPULATORS to get others to do for us, rofl (I know its not funny when its happening). I shouldn't speak for all, will just speak for me, lol. When I was still out there practicing God help anyone that got in the way of something I wanted, when I wanted it. I believe they call it SELF WILL RUN RIOT. Yep just like a 5 yr old. And boy could I throw tantrums.

The only good thing about those experiences while I was practicing is today, I can spot it in an instant in someone I am working with and can call them on their BS immediately, lol. So my manipulation and manipulation techniques have become part of my Experience in my ES&H.

Just as it takes time for the alkie/addict to turn around in recovery, it takes time for our codie side to learn to say NO and mean it, lol.

You're doing good PC you're posting, you're reading, you're asking excellent questions, you're "getting it" lol slowly but you are. I know its hard to say NO to a loved one. But it will get easier.

J M H O

Love and hugs,