View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 01:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sheryl85
'55 Classic

I use the rule of thumb for ANY situation that causes me concern, “when in doubt, DON’T.” If eating something cooked with alcohol causes you pause for thought, and then don’t eat it. Just because I handle one situation one way doesn’t make it right for you. I’ll give you an example. I have over 21 years and it doesn’t bother me to go with my sister once in awhile and shoot pool in som poolhall or bar with alcohol being served all around me. However, I have a friend with over 33 years who says he doesn’t do that because he starts absorbing the atmosphere and the next thing he knows he’s shooting the bull, telling lies and chasing cocktail waitresses. You see he was as addicted to the atmosphere as he was the alcohol. Not everything is constant for every alcoholic.

The best thing I could suggest if you find you still want some input is to talk about it with someone in the program that you really respect and that you know practices these principles in all their affairs. I have found that when I pose a question to too many people I end up with too many opinions and then I’m back where I started from and having to make up my mind on my own again.

Good luck and I hope you find the answer...

Last edited by Sheryl85; 10-30-2006 at 01:48 PM.