Old 10-29-2006, 01:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
PapaG
Reason to believe

Thanks for your replies!

It's not as if I NEED a drink, I don't. Problem is when i consider how it would be if i did have one. I actually find it easy not to drink, I really don't feel I need it....it's just there's this nagging fear of the consequences if i did drink...but it frustrates me that I have to worry about it at all. I guess i am afraid to let go..not of drinking but of worry....just letting go for the sake of letting go...what would happen if I stopped thinking about it and then it crept up behind me again?

I guess that it's best to let go...otherwise I'll be coiled up, defensive of something that might never happen. It's not as if I have to force myself NOT to think about drinking or indeed smoking...thinking about these things and their horrific consequences is actually a necessary part of ending the craving for any drug...the undoing of the mental attatchment to the drug. I think that I (and many many of you) get trapped in these little tugs-of-war of fear and learning to let go of this fear is of massive benefit.