Old 10-27-2006, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
just1coke

I've been thinking about alcoholism, and what that really means lately as well.

I know for a fact, that when I start drinking, if I have the capacity to do so I will drink myself drunk every night. The reason I do this? Well, it could be that im an alcoholic. It could also be that was lonely. Thinking back, any time I would drink, it was when I was by myself, feeling sorry for myself, or just overall depressed (about being lonely). Well two months sober Im not lonely any more, funny how that worked out. I spent several years with my only friend at the bottom of a bottle, drowning my lonliness then once I give up the bottle; I'm not lonely any more. (And I'm not referring to Jesus)

I'm not a big subscriber to the idea that you must find Jesus to be Sober. I believe that if your will is strong enough and you want to quit, you can. Heck I did.

I wont pretend like I dont want to drink, because I do. No question, there are times I'd love to just sit down with my old favorite bottle of beer, and enjoy one. But I dont know where one would stop.

I wont soon forget how sick I was after I gave it up and thats the scary part for me, knowing that I let it take hold of me, and I diddnt even realize it.

I try to look at what alcohol really did for me.. It numbed my feelings so I wouldnt have to deal with them, and it got me drunk.. it diddnt solve any problems. The pros' of not drinking far outweigh the "cons"