Thread: Rules for AA
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 07:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Kellye C

Our group also has all smoking meetings. Towards the end if we don't open the door it looks like a bar after the lights have been turned on LOL!!

I am beginning to cut down on smoking in preparation to quit and I'm afraid that being in the meetings will be temptation but I love my home group and the people there so I'll get through it.

Back on topic. Each group is different so I wholeheartedly agree with those that say to pal up with someone as well as watch and listen.

In our group the chair person reads the preamble, we say the Serenity Prayer, we ask if there are any newcomers or visitors, someone reads How It Works from Chapter 5 of the BB, then we ask if anyone has a topic or a problem that they might drink over. If not then we'll read something out of the BB, the Daily Meditations or the 24 Hours a Day meditation book and go from there. We then pass out chips, give announcements and end with the Lord's Prayer. Questions are encouraged throughout. We do ask that cell phones are put on vibrate and that there is no crosstalk and that if you share that you're not drunk, otherwise we ask that you listen only or talk to someone one on one so as not to disrupt the meeting.

Hope this helps!
Kellye